Created in 2001, the LUCID-ULg's team brings together researchers and academics pooling their complementary skills: architects and building engineers, computer scientists, work psychologists, electronic and mechanical engineers, assisted by a staff of computer graphic designer, administrative manager and business manager.
Its research works aim at bringing support to designers and concern:
- analysis of cognitive activity during design tasks;
- knowledge models formalization: design process, design product and implicit data management
- innovative technologies for human machine interaction: fuzzy logic & computer graphics, signal processing, AI & computer vision;
- development of intelligent and natural interfaces software, especially based on smart sketch modelling.
As a unit of Applied Science Faculty of Liège University (ULg), the LUCID-ULg provide a part of the building engineer and architect cursus.
Design computing > architectural, building and mechanical engineering;
Human machine interaction in design > sketch based & multimodal interface;
Computer science > artificial intelligence, signal processing, computer vision;
Cognitive science > design task analysis.
The LUCID-ULg is supported by several public or private funds and develops collaborations with:
- about twenty laboratories and reserach teams in Europe and Canada;
- about fifteen industrial companies (architecture studios, engineering offices, etc.).